DE Nursing Home Malpractice Lawyers
Patient abuse, resident injury or neglect is any action or failure to act which causes unreasonable suffering, misery or harm to the hospital patient and or nursing home resident. Not only is patient abuse unethical and illegal but it is also completely unacceptable in the eyes of our Newark nursing home injury lawyers. Please contact our New Castle County, Delaware patient injury attorneys for a free evaluation.
Our team of Newark nursing home injury lawyers serve the entire state of Delaware as well as Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Contact us now and let us fight to protect the rights of your loved one.
What Are Types Of Patient Abuse, Injury & Negligence?
- Patient abuse includes physically striking or sexually assaulting a patient. It also includes the intentional withholding of necessary food, physical care, and medical attention.
- Patient injury can happen as a result of physical abuse, sexual assault, nursing home negligence and medical malpractice.
- Medical malpractice happens frequently in Delaware nursing homes and DE long term care facilities. It can include medication errors, surgical errors and delayed or incorrect diagnosis of an illness, disease, syndrome or medical condition.
- Patient neglect includes the failure to properly attend to the needs and care of a patient, or the unintentional causing of injury to a patient, whether by act or omission.
- Sexual assault is seen when a nursing home resident, home healthcare resident or hospice recipient is abused sexually or sexually assaulted by a healthcare provider, caregiver, visitor or resident.
- Financial exploitation happens when a long term care resident is swindled out of assets, money, real estate, property, etc. by a caregiver, associate and or family member. This can include forgery, fraud, identity theft and will or trust revisions. Delaware nursing home residents battling with dementia are common victims of these types of crimes.
As you can see patient abuse and neglect can happen in almost any medical setting such as a hospital, nursing home, group home, assisted living home, clinic or during home healthcare and hospice care. Our Newark nursing home injury lawyers handle these cases routinely and will do everything needed to help you and your loved one get the benefits and financial compensation they are entitled to.
Contact Our Newark Nursing Home Injury Lawyers
The state of Delaware is home to more than 100 different hospitals, surgery centers, nursing homes, assisted living homes and long term care facilities. If your loved one has been injured, harmed, mistreated or has mysteriously died while under the care of any of them our Delaware injury attorneys will hold them accountable legally and financially. Please contact our Newark nursing home lawyers now.
Our Delaware long term care facility accident lawyers all of Delaware: Wilmington, Fairfax, Talleyville, New Castle, Stanton, Elsmere, Claymont, Newport, Bear, Glasgow, Newark, Pike Creek, Hockessin, Middletown, Odessa, Townsend, Smyrna, Dover, Milford, Harrington,Millville, Frederica, Camden, Clayton, Bridgeville, Magnolia, Leipsic, Seaford, Laurel, Dagsboro, Frankford, Georgewood, Delmar, Delaware City, Cheswold, Wyoming, Henlopen Acres, Blades, Felton, Ellendale, Harbeson, Selbyville, Ellendale, Five Points, Nassau, Greenville, Greenwood, Long Neck, Lewes, Millsboro, Milton, Rehoboth Beach, Indian River, Bethany Beach, Dewey Beach, Fenwick Island & Ocean View.