Medical Negligence Attorneys Delaware
We trust doctors, physicians, nurses, anesthesiologists and other medical professionals because of their expertise, knowledge and training. However, when doctors make serious mistakes despite this extensive training and expertise, the consequences can be life-altering. Do not face these dire consequences alone. Let our Delaware medical malpractice lawyers walk you through this trying time.
Our skilled Delaware medical malpractice attorneys represent clients in a wide range of cases involving negligence on the part of doctors, hospitals and other health care providers. We are recognized throughout Delaware for our legal excellence in these matters. In fact, other attorneys frequently refer their medical malpractice cases to us, trusting that we have the experience and resources needed to effectively handle these complex cases within the Delaware wrongful death statute of limitations.
To discuss your potential medical malpractice claims with one of our compassionate Delaware personal injury lawyers contact our team today. Our dedicated Wilmington, Delaware medical malpractice lawyers will provide a free initial consultation to help you evaluate whether you have a viable legal claim and explain your options for moving forward.
Delaware Medical Malpractice Lawsuits
Delaware allows a 2 year window for medical malpractice lawsuits from date of injury. This is per Title 18 Delaware Code section 6856, and it outlines to get their medical malpractice lawsuit started. Per Delaware medical malpractice laws, that means filing not just the initial complaint but also an affidavit of merit from a qualified expert medical witness who states that there is “reasonable grounds to believe that there has been healthcare medical negligence” on the part of the doctor, hospital, healthcare system, etc.
Delaware Hospital Systems We Litigate Against
Our team of Milford, DE medical negligence lawyers have taken on both small local providers and large regional healthcare organizations. Examples are Beebe Healthcare, St. Francis Hospital, Bayhealth, Christiana Care, Genesis, ManorCare & Acadia nursing homes.
Why Choose Our Delaware Medical Malpractice Lawyers
An unfavorable result following medical treatment does not necessarily mean that you have a medical malpractice claim. Furthermore, even when medical professionals make mistakes, these mistakes may not ultimately be responsible for the unfavorable results. Sometimes the results are just inevitable.
Even when the mistakes are clear and the consequences apparent, the legal issues still remain complicated. Medical malpractice claims are incredibly difficult to pursue, and very few doctors are sanctioned for their mistakes. For these reasons, it is extremely important to exercise caution when selecting a medical malpractice attorney.
For more than 15 years, injured patients and families throughout Delaware have chosen our medical negligence attorneys to represent them in complex medical malpractice claims. Clients turn to our knowledgeable team because:
- We are focused on accident, injury & malpractice claims. We have extensive experience handling complicated claims involving medical errors, and our knowledgeable legal team is prepared to thoroughly investigate your case. We will need to show exactly what happened and identify every party that may be held responsible. Our Dover, Delaware medical negligence attorneys will gather all the evidence and consult with outside medical experts to show that there is a clear basis for your claim.
- Our firm possesses the resources to build a strong claim for maximum damages. As our legal team prepares claims for damages, we often collaborate with experts in such areas as medicine, vocational rehabilitation and economics, as well as such specialties as neuropsychology, geriatrics, pediatrics or child development, depending on the specific circumstances of the case. In appropriate cases and with the permission and assistance of our client, our damages presentation may also include the creation of a “day-in-the-life” video to illustrate the ways in which negligent medical care has changed our client’s life. Our Lewes, Delaware medical malpractice lawyers go above and beyond to demonstrate what full and fair compensation should be for our clients.
- Our Delaware injury attorneys treat clients like we would our own family. We understand how important it is to have a compassionate bedside manner.We take the time to listen to you, answer your questions and ensure you understand what to expect in your medical malpractice claim. Just as we would for a family member, we commit to having a partner in our firm oversee each case, rather than handing off claims to a “case manager.” Our attorneys are always available to personally speak with you about the progress on your case.
- Our medical malpractice lawyers have built a reputation for success. We are recognized throughout the legal community for its commitment to aggressive litigation on behalf of deserving clients and families. As an AV rated Preeminent* law firm, we are recognized throughout the state for our ability to investigate the malpractice issues, present the detailed evidence of negligence necessary to establish a client’s right to compensation, and provide a documented damages calculation that can withstand a defense attorney’s attack. This reputation frequently earns us referrals from other attorneys as well as invitations to speak at legal seminars.
Working with an experienced and dedicated medical malpractice attorney can make all the difference in your case. To learn more about our strategies and how we can help in your unique situation contact our Newark, Delaware medical malpractice lawyers online. Our team stands ready to fight for you.
Proving Medical Malpractice Claim In Delaware
The simple fact is that even when doctors and hospitals do everything correctly, the patient may still suffer. A health care provider may follow all the proper protocols and still not be able to diagnose a disease in time or prevent an illness from spreading.
When you contact us to discuss a potential medical malpractice claim, the first thing we will do is explain the elements of a medical malpractice action. We must be able to prove all three of these elements in order to bring a successful malpractice claim:
- First, we must establish the requisite standard of care for treatment. Under Delaware medical malpractice law: “The prevailing professional standard of care for a given health care provider shall be that level of care, skill and treatment which, in light of all relevant surrounding circumstances, is recognized as acceptable and appropriate by reasonably prudent similar health care providers.”
- Then, we must show that there was a deviation from that standard of care. A deviation from the standard of care is another name for medical malpractice or medical negligence. Our legal team will use expert testimony to show that there was a breach in the standard of care regarding your case.
- Finally, we must prove that the deviation caused your injury. Medical negligence alone is not enough for a malpractice claim. We must be able to show that you suffered an injury as a result of that medical negligence.
With years of litigation experience, our medical malpractice trial team has an in-depth understanding of what it takes to argue and win these complex and often nuanced cases. Call or contact us online today if you believe you or a loved one has been harmed due to medical negligence. We will provide a free, no obligation consultation.
Contact Our Delaware Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Have you or a loved one experience complications or pain and suffering due to the negligence of a medical professional? Look no further than the Middletown, DE medical malpractice lawyers on our team. Please click here to schedule your free case review.